Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 48: Elementary, Dear Watson!

Hi!  I haven't worked out yet today (more on that later), but I felt the need to update, because it's been a while since I've updated on either of my blogs.  Busy busy busy!

Okay, so first off, yesterday I upped my shoulder weights a little bit.  Now I'm at 50 lbs for shrugs, 8 for TVOs, 10 for Ref Calls and 25 for Overhead Presses.  I also increased my back weights a bit to 25 lbs for both One-Armed Rows and Lying Rows.  I've also mustered up the courage to try my hand at Bent-Over Rows; I'm not quite sure about them yet, but they felt good yesterday overall.  I'm doing it with a barbell at 50 lbs (I think; I don't know how heavy my actual barbell is, but I'm preeetttyyyy sure it's 20 lbs).  And I was able to get to a park and do some Pull-Up negatives.  Nice, fulfilling workout.

In other news, I'm still biking every day to and from work, and thanks to the splendiferous weather here in Toronto, it's been a pleasure.  I've noticed that while my bike ride isn't necessarily EASIER, I'm able to do it FASTER - it used to take me half an hour to get to and from work, but now it only takes me about 20 minutes.  Not too shabby.

Now I'm at a bit of a dilemma.  I got a bit lazy over the long weekend (though to be fair, I was quite busy - on Saturday my band The Stems (www.myspace.com/stemsnoseeds) started recording, so that ate up my whole day), so I shouldn't have a break day today, as I would normally.  However, due to the negatives yesterday, most of my muscles are in a slight bit of pain; my chest and abs still hurt from two days ago, and my biceps, back and shoulders hurt from yesterday.  So I'm not sure whether I should work out today.  Unfortunately, I'm also going to Ottawa on Friday until Monday, so that means I'm going to miss an entire cycle this weekend.  My intuition says that if I'm still in pain, I should probably refrain from working out, but my determination tells me suck it up and stop being such a pussy.  I suppose I'll try it, and if it hurts too much, I'll just stop.

That's all for now.  Update soon!

-Daniel

1 comment:

  1. you must be jacked!
    i have the same experience too. my back and ankle have been hurting me, and while i'll say to myself "suck it up", i know that if i work out and i'm already sore to begin with, i could damage some of my muscles and not be able to work out for a looooonnng time. better to be out for a week than for a few months right?

    ReplyDelete